All my posts on Book Riot are available on my author page.
All reviews for Foreword Reviews are available here.
- Abandon Me, by Melissa Febos, and Dear Friend, My Life I Write to You in Your Life, by Yiyun Lee. Women’s Review of Books, November/December 2017
- Too Much and Not the Mood, by Durga Chew-Bose. Kenyon Review, Fall 2017
- Chasing Ghosts: A Memoir of a Father, by Louise De Salvo; Mysteries of Love and Grief, by Sandra Scofield; and The Latter Days: A Memoir, by Judith Freeman. Women’s Review of Books, November/December 2016.
- Everywhere I Look, by Helen Garner. Open Letters Monthly, December 2016
- The Art of Waiting, by Belle Boggs. The Rumpus, October 2016
- Ladivine, by Marie NDiaye. Full Stop, July 2016
- One Hundred Twenty-One Days, by Michèle Audin. Full Stop, June 2016
- Violation: Collected Essays, by Sallie Tisdale. Bookslut, May 2016
- The Red Parts, by Maggie Nelson. Open Letters Monthly, April 2016
- Why We Write About Ourselves, edited by Meredith Maran. The Rumpus, March 2016
- The Loss of All Lost Things, by Amina Gautier. Necessary Fiction, March 2016
- The Kindness of Enemies, by Leila Aboulela. Bookslut, March/April 2016
- Now and At the Hour of Our Death, by Susana Moreira Marques. Full Stop, January 2016
- Home, by Leila Chudori. Full Stop, November, 2015
- The Odd Woman and the City, by Vivian Gornick. Open Letters Monthly, October 2015
- Who Do You Love, by Jennifer Weiner. Open Letters Monthly, October 2015
- The Art of Memoir, by Mary Karr. The Seattle Review of Books, September 2015
- Negroland, by Margo Jefferson. Bookslut, September/October 2015
- Loving Day, by Mat Johnson. Full Stop, September 2015
- Queen of Flowers and Pearls, by Gabriella Ghermandi. Necessary Fiction, July 2015
- The Argonauts, by Maggie Nelson. Shiny New Books, July 2015
- Hausfrau, by Jill Alexander Essbaum. Open Letters Monthly, June 2015
- This House of Grief, by Helen Garner. Bookslut, May 2015
- Dear Thief, by Samantha Harvey. Full Stop, April 2015.
- Apocalypse Baby, by Virginie Despentes. Full Stop, April 2015.
- The Fall of Language in the Age of English, by Minae Mizumura. The Quarterly Conversation, March 2015
- What Days Are For: A Memoir, by Robert Dessaix. Bookslut, March 2015
- Self-Portrait in Green, by Marie NDiaye. Necessary Fiction, February 2015
- Fog Island Mountains, by Michelle Bailat-Jones. Shiny New Books, January 2015
- Men We Reaped, by Jesmyn Ward. Shiny New Books, January 2015
- On Immunity: An Innocation, by Eula Biss. Full Stop, December 2014
- What We See When We Read, by Peter Mendelsund. Shiny New Books, October 2014
- Land of Love and Drowning, by Tiphanie Yanique. Necessary Fiction, August 2014
- Train Shots, by Vanessa Blakeslee. Necessary Fiction, July 2014
2011 and earlier
- How to Live: Or a Life of Montaigne, by Sarah Bakewell. The Quarterly Conversation, March 2011
- How to Escape From a Leper Colony, by Tiphanie Yanique. Necessary Fiction, February 2011
- A Jury of Her Peers, by Elaine Showalter. The Quarterly Conversation, October 2009
- The Winner of Sorrow, by Brian Lynch. The Quarterly Conversation, 2009